Providing A Proper Learning Environment At Home!
As Barry Saide (A Teacher, leader, administrator, and learner) quoted, “Everyone should have an opportunity to learn in a positive environment, to enjoy the learning process, and feel comfortable and content within it.”
The environment affects the learning process crucially. No matter how old your child is, making your home a positive home learning environment plays a big part in this. The quality of a child’s early environment is a prerequisite for overall brain development.
Establishing such a learning atmosphere is tricky but not difficult. When the environment is set up for learning at home, kids can sprout because their home and the people around them make it easy for them to succeed. They need space, time, and an environment conducive to learning and allowing them to grow and develop.
The dangers of distraction appear from all corners of the home when the home environment is not set up suitably for learning. Disorganized and messy spaces too can create distraction and feelings of anxiety & stress. This plays a negative effect on learning.
Therefore, parents should make a little effort to make a rich learning environment that is comfortable and peaceful for learning. This will help them have a positive attitude towards learning, curiosity, and self-confidence.
Here’s how you can make it:
- Engage your child in new and different ways
- Share your strategies with them and help them model self-control and organizing skills
- Build their motivation
- Have a consistent daily routine to keep them focused throughout by planning and changing it up with brain breaks & physical activity.
- Help them with time management and goal setting
- Build productive spaces around the house
- Give them unconditional love, full attention, and emotional support
- Buy them educational toys
Your child will be open to all you have to teach them when you have your home set up and ready for learning.